<$BlogRSDURL$>

The musings of a liberal, feminist dyke who finds herself in the most unlikely of situations.....

Thursday, May 20, 2004

And they wonder how I became a feminist.... 

Well, I spent a lovely evening over at my parent's house going through boxes of crap that I never took when I moved out. Five garbage bags full later, I came across a treasure!!! My home economics binder from my sophomore year of high school! Wooohooo! I did find a peanut butter pie recipe that I remember being quite tasty, but overall it was just a load of CRAP. When you look at these pictures you might think that I went to high school in the 50's or something, but I'm not that old. I promise This is from material used in 1992. Scary! However...much hilarity has ensued as I have read through the entirely archaic and pathetic images and words that they tried to use to mold us into "good Christian girls". Teaching us to please others with our looks and bodies and to submit to men and such. Blah blah blah. Some of it is so extreme...no wonder I hopped on that pendulum and swung straight to the opposite end of the spectrum. Enjoy!
(these pics are gonna make this a long post, but they're worth it)


The following are some more specific instructions on "OUTWARD APPEARANCE"
...and just a side note of my own per the Bible (growing up a pastor's kid wasn't totally useless)

"As for those who seemed to be important-whatever they were makes no difference to me-God does not judge by external appearance..." Galatians 2:6 NIV




(that last sitting position on the bottom right is what I like to call the "passed out crack whore look") tee hee hee

And finally....and this one puts the icing on the cake...my ALL TIME FAVORITE: (looky looky kids...it's a picture of ME on the bottom left!) *evil laughter*


EUREKA! I've figured it out! I'm not a boy...I'm just hiding my feminine qualities! At last I know the truth!
That's all folks!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?